Genealogy - Getting Started
The best way to start your family tree is to start at home, write down
what you know. I found by doing this I could gather my thoughts into some order.
Another hint is to keep a log book or diary, especially when using the internet.
Contact older family members and ask them if you can interview them on tape
or video for future reference. Most of them will leap at the chance to tell what
Ways to keep track of information:
- Computer Software
- Family History-write your own history
- Picture Albums
- Video- video older members of the family and have them tell what they
Places to look for information:
Here are some photos I took around my home!
Fall of 2003:
Winter of 2004:
Spring of 2004:
- Genealogy Books
- CD 's- there is a lot of information already available on CD
- Family Bibles
- State-County-Local Vital Statistics
- Church Records
- Old Newspapers - Deaths and Births